Are you graduating this month? If so, congratulations! Here’s information about how your Brown accounts and access will change during this exciting transition. (If you’re continuing on at Brown in another role, like staff or a graduate program, your experience will vary - please refer to the link at the bottom of this email for details.)
Please be cautious about other emails you may receive related to accounts and graduation. In past years, we’ve seen scam messages targeted at graduating students saying that an account will be closed unless action is taken.
You’re part of the Brown community forever! Your Brown username and password are still your key to online tools and services. The services will change, but you will access them the same way.
Lifetime Brown Email:
- Your current @brown.edu email account will be renamed to @alumni.brown.edu on June 15.
- Starting June 15th, log in to Google as @alumni.brown.edu instead of @brown.edu. You'll use the same password, and your mail / contacts / Drive content sticks with you.
- You’ll continue to receive mail sent to your @brown.edu address until early September; after that, messages will bounce back to the sender.
- Action needed: (starting June 15th) Brown wants to keep in touch with you about career resources, Brown clubs, interviewing applicants, next year’s Campus Dance, and other future services! If you primarily use a non-Brown email account, please be sure your non-Brown address is listed as your preferred account in your personal profile on Brunonia. Here's how: Go to Brunonia.brown.edu, click on the person icon to log in, then click “My Profile” and “Contact” to add or update your info.
- Action needed: (starting June 15th) Did you set up any online accounts with your @brown.edu address? If so, update these accounts between June 15 and September 1 to use @alumni.brown.edu or a personal address of your choice.
Changes to online Services:
- On June 5th, student services such as card access, wifi, software, and VPN will stop working. For a more comprehensive list, see the link below.
- Action needed: (now) Save files from your Adobe Creative Cloud storage and network home folder before June 5, if you used either.
- Action needed: (starting June 5th) Your Brown Dropbox account will be downgraded to a personal Dropbox account on June 5th. If you used Dropbox, request a password reset through Dropbox and change the email address before September 1st.
- Your access to online alumni services will be turned on in late June. To use services like selected library eResources, the Brown Alumni Job Board, and the Alumni Directory, just log in to Brunonia.brown.edu.
For details, please see brown.edu/go/graduatingservices.
Congratulations on your anticipated degree, and best wishes!
The CIS IT Service Center and the Brown Alumni Association