HBO Go is available to students living in residence halls during the academic year. After setting up your account, you can use the devices listed on this page to watch.
How to Access HBO Go at Brown
- Visit hbogo.com or install the iOS or Android app
- Click Sign In on the top right (computer) or open the menu and click Sign In (mobile app)
- Look for the "All Providers" drop-down menu and choose Brown University. The list of universities is below the list of commercial cable providers, so if you don't see Brown, keep scrolling!
- Click Log in. You will be taken to a single sign on screen where you can log in with your Brown username and password.
- If this is your first login, you'll be prompted to create an account. Enter your desired username, your Brown email, and zip code. Note: the username must be unique across all HBO Go users, so your usual Brown username may not be available.
- You must be currently living in a residence hall. If you are not a student living in a residence hall, you will see an error message.
- Game consoles, Rokus, and other similar devices need to be on campus wifi. (In contrast, your computer or mobile apps can access it from anywhere.)
- It must be during the academic year. Unfortunately, we're not licensed to provide this service over the summer.